The Order of the Daughters of the King® (DOK) is an order for women who are communicants of the Episcopal Church, churches in communion with it, or churches in the historic episcopate but not in communion with it. Our membership currently includes women in the Anglican, Episcopal, Lutheran (ELCA) and Roman Catholic churches.
Our Anglican tradition:
· Recognizes episcopal (bishop's) oversight.
· Believes that Holy Scripture contains all things necessary for salvation.
· Acknowledges the gift of the Holy Spirit in Baptism, the real presence of our Lord in the Holy Eucharist, and worship according to The Book of Common Prayer (or the standard liturgies of Lutheran, Roman Catholic, or other Anglican churches that sponsor chapters).
Reaffirming the promises made at Baptism and Confirmation, a Daughter pledges herself to a life-long program of prayer, service and evangelism. She receives support in this commitment from a worldwide community of like-minded women.
In solidarity with one another, all Daughters everywhere make the same promises upon their admission to The Order:
· To obey the two Rules of The Order: the Rule of Prayer and the Rule of Service.
· To offer at all times loyal aid to our clergy and parish to spread Christ’s kingdom.
· To wear faithfully the cross of The Order.
· To work for the purposes of The Order as God may give us the opportunity.
The Mission of The Order is the extension of Christ’s Kingdom through
Prayer, Service and Evangelism.
St Peters By the Sea Chapter of the Order of the Daughters of the King meets on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 5:00. We are currently beginning a study for new members.
Our ECW meet on the third Tuesday of the month at 6:00 pm in the Parish Hall.
Sunday School is held between the services at 9:30 . Sunday school teachers are : Mrs. Bridgette Vail, Mrs. Michelle Griffiths and Mr. William Griffiths
Fish Fries run the first Thursday of the month May -Oct.
Dates are :
Plates are $10 donation and include: Fried Mullet, Hushpuppies, Potato Salad, Cole Slaw, Baked Beans, Dessert, and Tea or Coffee..
Beckwith Breakfast is a scholarship program we started about 15 years ago. one of our then Sunday school teachers stated that she wanted to ensure that every child at St. Peter's would have the opportunity to attend Camp Beckwith, regardless of their financial situation. We took the opportunity to teach the children how to work hard and cook as well. We have sent on average 10 campers on full scholarships since starting. Breakfast is on the 2nd Sunday of each month.
If you are interested in attending or want more information, please speak with Father David or Debbie Waldrop. You can also check out our Cursillo link under the resource tab. De Colores !!!I
Copyright © 2021 St. Peter's Episcopal Church - All Rights Reserved.